Gateway-Longview is hiring a certified Technology Teacher to enable assigned emotionally disturbed and learning disabled students to develop pro-social skills and to demonstrate competencies in Technology, in accordance with NYS Regents guidelines. Gateway-Longview runs 12-month school year with a summer session from early July through Mid-August. This position will also:
- Establish and maintain a therapeutic milieu within the classroom which is responsive to individual and collective student needs and promotes learning of socially acceptable behaviors.
- Assess abilities of each student in special subject area(s); develop and implement effective curricula (including special group projects, as appropriate) to meet identified educational levels and goals in the special area, in accordance with the NYS Regents standard. Complete lesson plans and student grades in a thorough and timely manner.
- Assure consistency of approach and effective functioning of classroom team. Integrate classroom efforts with those of other treatment team members.
- Maintain thorough and timely documentation of student attendance, classroom behavior, significant incidents and academic progress. Assure necessary communication of information regarding student functioning.
- Assure adequacy and security of classroom supplies.
Qualifications: New York State Certification as a Teacher of the appropriate specialty area. Valid NYS driver’s license and adequate auto insurance. Ability to physically restrain clients. Ability to work effectively with clients, families, staff and community contacts from a variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
Apply now at our Online Job Center
An EEO/AA Agency