Gateway-Longview is hiring a licensed Mental Health Clinician to assist children and adults, in collaboration with their system of care, toward recovery and reduction of negative symptoms caused by mental health needs through effective assessment, intervention and ongoing evaluation of effectiveness. This position will also:
- Provide individual, group and family therapy with the emphasis on prevention & promoting optimum health.
- Assess each client’s mental health strengths and needs in accordance with the most current edition of the DSM / ICD 9 codes and in accordance with pertinent regulatory and agency standards.
- Be knowledgeable in Evidence Based behavioral interventions and assessments.
- Have ability to detect clients at risk, with the aim of preventing further psychological or physical deterioration.
- Effectively collaborate with the client’s continuum of care providers to include psychiatric care provider, primary health provider and other involved health care providers.
- Ensure full engagement of each client in the therapeutic process as evidenced by consistent attendance at scheduled sessions and contributions to treatment planning and progress
- Complete and maintain all intake assessments, treatment plans, progress notes and all required documentation within the regulatory time frames and in accordance with professional standards, agency policy, Office of Mental Health guidelines and Federal Medicaid and HMO guidelines.
- Assure that each assigned client’s record is maintained with current to date information in accordance with pertinent regulatory and agency standards.
- Have ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- New York State Licensed Professional or Eligible for licensure/provisional licensure in New York State.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to engage children, adolescents and their families, and adults in a therapeutic process leading to reduction of negative symptoms and increase in resiliency related to mental health needs according to the regulations of the NYS Office of Mental Health 599 regulations.
- Ability to work nights & weekends
- Ability to work in an outpatient office setting and satellite locations.
- Bilingual preferred
Apply on our Online Job Center.
An EEO/AA Agency