Gateway Longview’s Lynde School provides special education services for children ages 5 to 21 that require a high degree of structure, individualized attention, and support services. The goals are for each child we serve to learn the skills necessary to transition to a less-restrictive classroom, or to graduate from high school. The program is offered on Gateway Longview’s Main Street Campus, which is conveniently located in Williamsville, NY. The program offers transportation from school districts, a hot lunch program including daily breakfast, extracurriculars, student council, and more.
- The Lynde School Program seeks to enable students to expand their sense of responsibility and develop personal coping skills while increasing their academic abilities.
- Students are referred to Lynde School by their home school district, who initiates an Individual Education Protocol, or IEP.
General services offered at Lynde School include:
- A 12-month, 215 school day schedule
- Highly structured, self-contained classrooms with up to six students with one certified teacher and one teacher aide
- Solution-focused and trauma-informed care approach
- Individual and Group Counseling on weekly basis
- Educational and support groups are offered for parents
- The academic curriculum is designed to meet or exceed the guidelines and expectations of the New York State Department of Education
Additional features …
- Extracurricular and after-school programs, such as reading clubs, student council, tutoring and other programs are encouraged to enhance both academic and social/emotional skill development
- Life and job readiness training, as well as vocational training, are available for students ages 14 and older
- Speech, occupational and physical therapy are available
- Community outings, athletics, special events and family outings, take place regularly
- Planning and transitioning support for the student deemed ready to return to their home school district is provided
Lynde School Updates
Important Lynde School Links
For more information on Gateway Longview’s Lynde School, call (716) 783-3100.