Gateway-Longview strongly believes that all youth and families have basic rights that shall be respected. It is our contention that if we are to teach respect for the rights of others, we must begin this teaching process by our own modeling.
Every youth has the right to:
- Participate in the highest quality individual treatment services at Gateway-Longview, Inc.
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Know why he/she is being referred for services.
- Be called by his/her given name. No client shall be called or referred to in any derogatory manner.
- Decline specific medications or treatment procedures.
- Be humanely treated and provided with whatever is necessary for his/her safety, comfort and well-being.
- To expect and receive supervision and discipline geared to meet his/her individual needs. It is not permitted to deprive a child of meals, snacks, mail or visits with family. Corporal punishment, room isolation, mechanical or pharmacological restraints are not allowed.
- Have his/her religious faith protected and supported.
- Every youth shall receive from or be assisted by Gateway-Longview, Inc. in receiving appropriate medical and dental care to assure health.
- Possess certain personal clothing, belongings, toilet articles as may be appropriate, and may choose among hairstyles.
Code of Ethics
The agency requires its personnel to know and follow the code of ethics of their respective professions and follow agency code of ethics.
- Protect clients in our care from abuse or maltreatment.
- Utilize fully our professional skills.
- Provide or obtain for youth and their families the highest quality therapeutic services available to us.
- Provide every opportunity for youth to learn and develop.
- Respect each youth’s race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation and national origin.
- Strive to enhance the talents, professional skills and compassion of our staff through training.
- Constantly review our services for relevance and effectiveness.
For more information on Gateway-Longview’s Program Policies or if you believe your rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with Gateway-Longview by calling (716)783-3330.